Call Display+ and Voicemail are included in all Canada-wide plans.
Set up your Voicemail
- From your phone, dial 1 + your area code + your phone number.
- You'll hear an automated welcome message.
- You'll then be asked to create a password, and record your name and greeting.
Check your Voicemail
- Press and hold the 1 key and follow the prompts.
- Press the Voicemail button on your phone and follow the prompts. or
- From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your area code plus your phone number, press the * key, enter your password, and follow the prompts.
- Greetings: One standard greeting, one personal greeting (60 seconds max.), one extended absence greeting (60 seconds max.).
- Message storage: You have the ability to store up to 10 messages (5 min./message) for 10 days, recover deleted messages, mark messages as private, urgent or anonymous, include a time stamp, have playback control and save messages.
- Voice messaging: Send, reply and forward voice messages.
- Languages: English or French.
Voicemail main menu
Here's everything you need to know about your Voicemail menu.
1 Review voice messages (while reviewing messages), Play menu (after reviewing messages) 2 Send voice messages 3 Greetings 4 Personal options 19 Recover deleted messages (before logging out) * Exit the system
Review voice messages (while reviewing messages) 1 Rewind 2 Pause 3 Fast forward 5 Date and time 7 Delete 9 Save * Main menu # Keep message as new
Play messages (after reviewing messages) 1 Replay this message 5 Play date and time 6 Forward copy 7 Delete 8 Reply 9 Save * Main menu # Keep message as new
Send voice messages 1 Review recorded message 2 Pause/resume 5 Delivery options 7 Delete recorded message # Send message now
Personal options 1 Personal preferences
- 1 Change password
- 2 Playback references
- 3 Recorded name
- 5 Change language
- 8 Bypass password on/off
How to get Voicemail notifications
- If you're in a digital coverage area, you’ll get a message that notifies you about your Voicemail.
- If you're in an analog area, you can dial into your mailbox from your phone (1 + your area code + your number) at any time, but you won't get a visual notification until you enter into a digital area.
Set your number of rings to a maximum of 6
Customize the number of seconds your phone rings before your calls go to voicemail (i.e. 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 seconds) (Minimum 5 seconds = 1 ring, Maximum 30 seconds = 6 rings). To get the help you need, contact the Tech department.
Forgot your Voicemail password?
You can reset your password by accessing your voicemail, then entering any random 4 digits when asked to key in your password. This will give you the option to request a password reset.
- From your handset: Dial 1 + your 10-digit phone number + Send or Long press 1.
- When prompted, enter any password.
- After 1 failed attempt, you will be prompted with "This is not the correct password. Please try again, or to reset your password press the STAR (*)
- Press 1 to have a temporary password sent by SMS to your phone.
- A temporary password will be sent to your phone. Please access your mailbox again using this password.
- The SMS will show as follows "Your temporary password is XXXX"
- To reset your password, please hang up and call into your voicemail again from your mobile phone, enter the temporary password that was sent via SMS and then follow prompts to enter your new password.
Disable your Voicemail
You can disable your voicemail so that callers are no longer able to leave you a voicemail message until you re-enable it. To deactivate your voicemail, follow the steps below:
- Call your voicemail by holding the number 1 on your dial pad
- Select option 3 to “Manage your greetings”
- Select option 4 to “Manage your Extended Absence Greeting”
- Select option 5 to block callers from leaving a message after hearing the Extended Absence Greeting
Done! Now, if you don’t answer a call, the caller will hear the following message and the call will then be automatically terminated: “Thank you for calling. Goodbye.”
Changing your greeting
To replace your personal greeting by re-establishing a standard greeting or just your phone number, you'll need to schedule a callback with a Client Care agent, who will reset your voicemail.