Remember that all phones sold in Canada after December 2017 already come unlocked. If you’re travelling internationally, sign up for Easy Roam to stay in touch. However, if you need your phone unlocked here, you will first need your IMEI code.
How to find your IMEI
- Dial * #06#. If it works, your IMEI will pop up
- Or, check the SIM card tray or the original box for your IMEI number
- If you can remove the phone's battery, look under it for a white label with a number on it
It's good to know...
- Successful unlock code retrieval for non-iOS phones: We’ll show you the unlock code and send a confirmation email with the code in it.
- Successful iOS phone requests: We’ll submit the unlock request on your behalf and Apple will unlock your phone. You’ll need to insert another carrier’s SIM card or connect to iTunes to complete the unlock process. We’ll send you a confirmation email.
- Already unlocked: Your phone is unlocked and ready to go.
- In progress (iOS only): Please wait 5 to 10 minutes for Apple to process your unlock request.
- If we can’t unlock your phone online, you’ll need to contact us.
Heads up! You can’t unlock a phone that’s:
- Suspended as lost or stolen
- From a carrier other than Koodo or Telus
Just so you know
- You can get your phone unlocked right away, if you’re buying a phone outright from us
- We don't unlock phones from other carriers, so make sure your phone is unlocked before bringing it to Koodo
- If you want to use your Koodo number in the U.S. or internationally and don't need a local number while travelling, sign up for Easy Roam or use your phone abroad at pay-per-use rates.
- If you cancel your account before your Tab balance has been paid off, you’ll be charged the remaining Tab balance and the phone credit balance on your next bill