If you’re having trouble with data on your non-Koodo phone, you might need to configure your network settings for Koodo. The steps below may not be exactly the same on your phone, but they should help you to get started.
Activate data on your Android phone
How to set up and activate data on your Android phone
Change your APN settings
On your phone, go to the APN settings menu. If you have trouble finding it, search for "APN settings" or consult your phone’s user guide.
To add new APN Settings (the wording in your menu may vary slightly):
- Select Mobile networks, Cellular networks, or a similar option
- Select Access Point Names
- Select New APN, the + icon, or Add
- Enter the details exactly as listed below. Errors may prevent the service from working.
|Name||Koodo||The name is only the description of the APN and doesn’t impact the settings on your phone. For convenience, enter Koodo.|
|APN||sp.koodo.com||Access Point Name: Without this entry, data and picture messaging will not work.|
|MMSC||http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc||MMSC settings allow the handset to send and download picture and video messages (MMS). Some incoming MMS will still be displayed without these settings; however, it will be impossible to send any MMS without them.|
|MMS Proxy||mmscproxy.mobility.ca||As above.|
|MMS Port||8799||As above.|
|MCC||302||Mobile Country Code: A unique identifier for the mobile phone operator/carrier.|
|MNC||220||Mobile Network Code: Another unique identifier.|
Note: This entry is set as the default and should not need to be modified
|Note: Do not leave any spaces when entering default,supl,mms for services used on APN. When an application accesses the network, it provides an APN type when it requests access for data. If default,supl,mms is not an option, choose the internet&MMS; option from list.|
Save if needed
Note: Some devices will save APN settings automatically. Others require you to save by clicking More or Menu or following a prompt. Consult your phone’s user guide if you have trouble finding the settings.
To make sure that your settings are working, turn off Wi-Fi and access the internet using your cellular network. If it doesn’t work, turn the phone off for a few seconds, then turn it back on. For new APN settings to start working, it is often necessary to reboot the phone.
Activate data on your Apple phone
Setting up data on your iPhone?
Don’t forget to back up your phone!
- Back up your iPhone (using iCloud or iTunes). Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
- Insert your new Koodo SIM card.
- Set up your phone as a new iPhone, or restore it from iCloud or iTunes.
To learn more about how to back up and restore your phone, check out the Apple website.
How to set up and activate data on your Apple phone
Turn on your iPhone and follow the Setup Assistant, which will walk you through the setup process, including connecting to a Wi-Fi network, signing in or creating an Apple ID, setting up iCloud, turning on recommended features such as Location Services and Find My iPhone, and activating iPhone.
You can also restore your phone from an iCloud or iTunes backup during setup.
To set up your Apple device via iTunes:
- Ensure that the latest iTunes is installed on your computer
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using either the USB cable that came in the box or a compatible cable
- iTunes will start automatically and will prompt you to install an update to the carrier settings
- Select Update Settings
- iTunes will install data, SMS, and Voice services onto your smartphone
- Navigate to Settings > General > About. Ensure that Carrier is listed as KOODO
Learn more about setting up an iPhone.
Note: Koodo is unable to provide technical phone support for non-Koodo phones. After unlocking your phone, your warranty might become invalid.
Older iPhone devices (with iOS 8 or older versions) need to be configured manually. Please enter the following details:
Under Settings, select Cellular
Select Cellular Data Network
Set APN settings to sp.koodo.com