Only certain customers on an account have the authority to make changes to the account. This includes:
- Adding, moving or changing account features
- Adding, moving or changing a rate plan
- Cancelling an account
- Modifying the settings on an account
- Activating a line on an account
- Transferring ownership of an account
- Having the capability to make international calls
- Requesting hardware upgrades and wireless migrations
- Resetting a password
It is possible for more than one person to have permission to make changes. Each additional person with authority to make changes on the account must be added by someone who already has authority - starting with the account owner.
Why do you need authority to make changes on an account?
Customers need authority to make changes on an account. This is so that only specific people can make any changes that would alter services or incur charges. This helps to make sure that there are no unexpected surprises on a monthly bill.
How can I give authority to someone on my account?
You can change your authority settings by:
- Logging into your Self Serve account
- Going to Usage
- Going to Data Settings to update account permissions
What can someone without authority do to make changes on an account?
Customers without authority will need to speak to someone on the account with authority in order to make changes.