Moving your number shouldn't have you working up a sweat. That's why we do all the heavy lifting for you.
Good to know:
- Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service, remove your SIM card, or turn off your phone before switching to Koodo. Your phone number must be active in order to move it.
- If you're getting a new phone from Koodo, please wait until you receive it before transferring your number.
- Check your voicemail first. During the transfer, your voicemail may reset. Make sure you’ve retrieved all your messages.
- Heads up! It can take up to 4 hours for your number to be transferred to Koodo. If you're porting a landline number, it might take up to 2 days to complete the process.
- Please DO NOT REMOVE your previous carrier’s SIM card from your phone and replace it with your Koodo SIM until AFTER you respond to the port confirmation SMS from your previous service provider (if you are an existing TELUS or PUBLIC Mobile customer, you will not receive this SMS).
To see if your existing phone number is eligible to move to Koodo, check here.
To move your number using Self Serve:
If you want to move your previous service provider number to a new/existing Koodo phone, keep your previous service provider’s SIM in your phone until the transfer is complete.
- Your Koodo account number
- The Koodo phone number assigned to your new phone
- The postal code of the billing address associated with this account
- From the Self Serve drop-down menu, select Mobile services.
- Next to Manage your phone number, select Manage.
- Select Transfer your phone number, then fill in the required information.
Before removing your previous SIM card from your phone, you must respond to the port confirmation SMS from your previous service provider within 90 mins. (If Telus is your previous service provider, this step won’t apply to you).
Once you've responded to the confirmation message on your previous SIM card, you can then insert your Koodo SIM card into your phone.
Heads up! It can take up to 4 hours for your number to be transferred to Koodo. If you're porting a landline number, it might take up to 2 days to complete the process.
If you have any problems with your phone number transfer, visit Koodo.com/chat and type “port help” to troubleshoot your issue. If we're unable to resolve it, we’ll set you up with a callback from a live rep.
To request a phone number transfer during a new activation, follow the steps below.
Before you begin:
- Have your previous phone in hand and make sure your previous SIM card is still inserted.
- Keep your number active with your previous service provider until the transfer is complete.
Transferring from Koodo or TELUS
- Complete the first step ("Getting Started") of the activation flow (in Self Serve).
- On the Choose phone number step, select a new phone number.
- Complete your activation and place your new Koodo Prepaid SIM into your mobile phone.
Transferring from Public Mobile
You’ll need to call in. Dial *611 from your mobile phone, and choose option 6 to speak to an agent. They’ll be happy to help you process your transfer.
Transferring from other carriers
Complete the first step ("Getting Started") of the activation flow (in Self Serve).
On the Choose phone number step, select Transfer an existing number from another provider.
Submit all required details, including the number you want to transfer.
Before removing your previous SIM card from your phone, you must respond to the port confirmation SMS from your previous service provider within 90 mins.
How do I transfer my number from one Koodo account to another Koodo account?
Sorry, we’re unable to transfer a Koodo number from one line to another pre-existing Koodo line, but don't fret! We have a solution - you can initiate a TOWN and transfer the line and number to another account.
Is there a fee to port a number?
Great news! Porting a number to Koodo can be done through Self Serve - free of charge!
Can I transfer a cell phone number from another company to a new Koodo cell phone without having the old cell phone or SIM card in my possession (it’s lost, stolen, etc.)?
Yes, it’s possible, but in order to complete your number transfer to Koodo, it would require you to contact your original service provider within 90 minutes of initiating the number transfer with us.
Is it possible to transfer my residential line to a cell phone?
Yes, it is possible and we’re more than happy to help! It’ll require you to schedule a callback using Koodo Assist.
Related help pages: