Are you a Prepaid Koodo or Public Mobile customer who wants to move to Postpaid (monthly) Koodo services? Awesome! It’s easy to make the move. Here’s how:
- Make sure you have an active Prepaid Koodo or Public Mobile account. If your prepaid account has been suspended it must be topped up before you try to switch.
- Pick a phone or, if you’re bringing your own phone, pick a SIM card.
- If you don’t already have a Koodo Postpaid account, when adding your phone to the cart you’ll need to select “I’m new to Koodo: Let’s get started”. Just so you know, even if you already have a Prepaid Koodo account, you’ll still need to select “I’m new to Koodo: Let’s get started,” so we can set you up for monthly billing.
- If you received a promo code from us in either an email or SMS, you'll be able to redeem it on the "Your Order" page. Check out Redeeming your Koodo promo code to see how.
- Next, you’ll need to pick a plan. If you want to keep the same phone number, follow the steps in Moving Your Number to Koodo.
- You’re all done! You’ll now need to wait for your phone or SIM to arrive!
Heads up! There are a couple of things you need to know when you’re moving from Prepaid to a monthly billed account:
- If you’re planning on moving your number to Koodo, make sure you keep it active. You’ll still have service with your current provider until your Koodo package arrives. Once your phone is on its way, you’ll receive an email about how to transfer your phone number over to Koodo!
- Once you receive your phone and are set up, you can register for Self Serve! If you’ve not yet received your Koodo phone or gotten an email confirming your new line has been activated, then please do not try to register for Self Serve, as it may cause a delay in establishing your services.
- If you move from Koodo Prepaid or Public Mobile to Koodo Postpaid services either in-store or over the phone, there will be a $50 connection fee to get your service switched over and connected; however, this fee is waived for online orders.
- If you move from Prepaid to Postpaid through Walmart, WOW! Mobile, or London Drugs, there will not be a connection fee.
Moving from Prepaid to Postpaid is a great option if you want to expand the services available to you from Koodo. You’ll also have access to loads of great extra features from Koodo.
We’ve answered some of the most common questions about moving your services from Prepaid to Postpaid.
1 - How can I find my Koodo or Public Mobile account number?
The easiest way to find your account number is by logging into your Koodo or Public Mobile Prepaid Self Serve and taking a look at the Overview page (it’s the long number in the top right hand corner).
2 - Can I just keep my Prepaid SIM and move it to monthly payments?
When you migrate from Prepaid to Postpaid online, it's done by ordering a SIM card. In-store and over the phone, you can use your Prepaid SIM to transition to Postpaid. Don't forget that a $50 connection fee applies everywhere except online purchases.
3 - Can I do this online?
Yes, you can migrate your services online following the steps detailed above. If you migrate your services online we’ll waive the $50 connection fee which applies over the phone and in-store
4 - Can I do this over the phone?
Yes, if you decide to migrate your services over the phone, a Koodo agent will be happy to assist you. Please note that an in-store migration will be subject to a $50 connection fee.
5 - Can I do this in the store?
Yes, if you decide to migrate your services in store a Koodo agent will be happy to assist you. Please note that an in-store migration will be subject to a $50 connection fee. If you move from Prepaid to Postpaid through Walmart, WOW! Mobile, or London Drugs, there will not be a connection fee.
6 - My phone arrived and it's not connecting to a network. What can I do?
If your phone has arrived and is not connecting to a network, you should follow the steps here: I’m not getting any network service. If the problem persists, you’ll need to contact us.
7 - I don't see the difference between a Prepaid Koodo and a Postpaid (monthly) service. I pay automatically every month - am I Prepaid or Postpaid?
With Prepaid, you pay a fixed amount at the beginning of the month for your service, and if you want more minutes or data, you’ll need to purchase a booster. With Postpaid, you can exceed your monthly plan, and you’ll be charged for your usage and overages at the end of the month.
8 - What happens to my Prepaid account when I migrate to Postpaid? Do I have to close it? Will automatic payments keep being charged?
After migrating to Postpaid, you won’t have to do anything else with your Prepaid account -- we’ll simply cancel your Prepaid account for you. You won’t keep being charged for automatic top-ups.
9 - When moving to Postpaid, what happens to existing boosters on the Prepaid account?
When you migrate, you’ll lose all the existing boosters and minutes on your account.