Are you a Prepaid Koodo or Public Mobile customer who wants to move to Postpaid (monthly) Koodo services? Awesome! It’s easy to make the move. Here’s how:
- Make sure you have an active Prepaid Koodo or Public Mobile account. If your prepaid account has been suspended it must be topped up before you try to switch.
- Pick a phone (or SIM card if you’re bringing your own phone) from our Koodo Online Store.
- If you don’t already have a Koodo Postpaid account, when adding your phone to the cart you’ll need to select “I’m new to Koodo: Let’s get started”. Just so you know, even if you already have a Prepaid Koodo account, you’ll still need to select “I’m new to Koodo: Let’s get started,” so we can set you up for monthly billing.
- Next, you’ll need to pick a plan. If you want to keep the same phone number, follow the steps in Moving Your Number to Koodo.
- You’re all done! You’ll now need to wait for your phone or SIM to arrive!
Note: If you received a promo code from us in either an email or SMS, you can only redeem it at your nearest Koodo store.
Heads up! There are a couple of things you need to know when you’re moving from Prepaid to a monthly billed account:
- If you’re planning on moving your number to Koodo, make sure you keep it active. You’ll still have service with your current provider until your Koodo package arrives. Once your phone is on its way, you’ll receive an email about how to transfer your phone number over to Koodo!
- Once you receive your phone and are set up, you can register for Self Serve! If you’ve not yet received your Koodo phone or gotten an email confirming your new line has been activated, then please do not try to register for Self Serve, as it may cause a delay in establishing your services.
- If you move from Koodo Prepaid or Public Mobile to Koodo Postpaid services either in-store or over the phone then there will be a $40 connection fee to get your service switched over and connected; however, this fee is waived for online orders.
Moving from Prepaid to Postpaid is a great option if you want to expand the services available to you from Koodo. You’ll also have access to loads of great extra features from Koodo.
We’ve answered some of the most common questions about moving your services from Prepaid to Postpaid.
1 - How can I find my Koodo or Public Mobile account number?
The easiest way to find your account number is by logging into your Koodo or Public Mobile Prepaid Self Serve and taking a look at the Overview page (it’s the long number in the top right hand corner).
2 - Can I just keep my Prepaid SIM and move it to monthly payments?
When you migrate from Prepaid to Postpaid online it's done by ordering a SIM card. In-store and over the phone, you can use your Prepaid SIM to transition to Postpaid. Don't forget that a $40 connection fee applies everywhere except online purchases.
3 - Can I do this online?
Yes, you can migrate your services online following the steps detailed above. If you migrate your services online we’ll waive the $40 connection fee which applies over the phone and in-store
4 - Can I do this over the phone?
Yes, if you decide to migrate your services in over the phone a Koodo agent will be happy to assist you. Please note that an in-store migration will be subject to a $40 connection fee.
5 - Can I do this in store?
Yes, if you decide to migrate your services in store a Koodo agent will be happy to assist you. Please note that an in-store migration will be subject to a $40 connection fee.
6 - My phone arrived and it is not connecting to a network. What can I do?
If your phone has arrived and is not connecting to a network, you should follow the steps here: I’m not getting any network service. If the problem persists, you’ll need to contact us.