Canada-wide long distance
Koodo is giving you more options to choose the calling features you need, so you can save on the calling features you don’t. As of February 23, 2021, our unlimited Province-wide plans are great, if you primarily make local calls within your province. Any calls to another province will be charged at a long-distance rate of $0.25/min. If you make calls across Canada, our Canada-wide plans and add-ons let you call anywhere in Canada without paying long-distance service charges. That means worry-free calling coast to coast. All long distance calls use anytime minutes¹.
You can turn any plan into a Canada-wide plan when you buy the Canada-wide calling add-on for $5/month!
Now it’s even easier to make international calls with Koodo. For as low as $0.50/min², you can call internationally any time and you no longer need an add-on³. Plus, you can call directly to international landlines and mobile phones for the same price.
Find the per-minute rate for your long distance calls
Want even better rates?
For just $3/month, the International Long Distance Saver add-on, which you can add to your account in Self Serve, lets you chat for as low as $0.05/min⁴. All long distance calls use anytime minutes.
For select countries, you can enjoy worry-free long distance service from within Canada by adding an International Long Distance add-on to any of our plans. No need for calling cards! All long distance calls use anytime minutes. See below for more details.
International Long Distance Saver
Get access to discounted international long distance rates for calls made from Canada.
International Long Distance Add-ons
Get long distance service from within Canada to select countries.
- U.S. 1000 Minutes $10/month
- China & Hong Kong 1000 Minutes $15/month
- France 1000 Minutes $20/month
- U.K. 1000 Minutes $20/month
- India 1000 Minutes $20/month
Block outgoing international long distance calls
Don't want to make international long distance calls? Log in to Self Serve and remove the Pay-Per-Use International Long Distance feature from your account. It's that simple. Heads up: This doesn’t block calls to the U.S. or the Caribbean.
What’s considered long distance and what’s not?
For outgoing calls
An outgoing call is a call sent from your Koodo phone. Your outgoing local calling area moves with your physical location. If you dial a phone number that's local to your physical location, it’s considered a local call. If you dial a phone number that’s long distance to your physical location, then it’s a long distance call. Your own number doesn't matter!
For incoming calls
An incoming call is a call received on your Koodo phone. Your incoming local calling area is the geographic boundary associated with your phone numbers. All calls received within that geographic boundary are local. All calls received outside that geographic boundary are considered long distance. Some plans will include unlimited incoming calls within Canada, regardless of where you’re located.
- The airtime required to connect your calls is drawn from your anytime minutes. If you exceed your anytime minutes, an overage rate of $0.60/min applies.
- Calls to satellite phones are charged per the satellite provider rates and are not based on the country the call terminates.
- Calls must originate from within Canada. Anytime minutes apply. The airtime required to connect your calls is drawn from your anytime minutes. If you exceed your anytime minutes, the overage rate will be $0.60/min plus the per-minute rate for the country you’re calling (Long Distance Saver rates if you have the add-on, Pay-per-use rates otherwise).
- If you added the International Long Distance Saver add-on before January 30, 2014, you can see your rates here.