Swapping your SIM card online
You can change your SIM card online through Self Serve. It’s easy to do, but it does require 2 step authentication. This means that a verification code will be sent to your phone or another line on your account. Before you activate, make sure you:
- Have a new Koodo SIM card and it’s 19-digit SIM number
- Have an active phone (on which you are changing the SIM)
Now, follow these steps in Self Serve:
Log into your Koodo account. If you don’t have an account, register one now
- From the Overview page, select Mobile Services from the Self Serve drop down menu
- Select the Change your SIM card or phone option
- Follow the steps
We’ve got some tips and tricks that can be handy for when you need to change your SIM:
If your current SIM card is in working order then you can:
- Transfer it to your new phone if the SIM is the correct size.
- Insert the current SIM into another phone and have your verification code sent there to activate your new SIM.
- If you have more than one person on your Koodo account you can have your verification code sent to their phone.
If your SIM card is NOT in working order you can:
SIM card error message
If you see an error message, first double check that your SIM card in correctly inserted. If it is still not working you may need to visit your nearest Koodo store or go to koodo.com/chat and enter “SIM Change” to get hold of a rep.
Activating your Prepaid phone
If you have a Prepaid SIM you wish to activate, you’ll need to go to our Prepaid site to see how.