A SIM is a tiny card with a big job. It stores your data and carries a unique identification number that links you to a specific mobile phone company.
Without a SIM card inside your phone, or if the SIM is not working correctly, your phone will not be able to make calls, send texts or connect to your mobile network.
Need a new SIM card?
If you’ve got a new phone that needs a SIM card of a different size, you can grab one at your nearest Koodo store. Not sure where your nearest store is? Check out our Store Locator page.
Getting a new Koodo SIM card
SIM cards come in different sizes. Check your phone’s user guide to see what kind of SIM it can hold. If your current SIM does not fit the phone you have, you’ll need to replace your SIM. The LTE Koodo Tri SIM card offers Standard, Micro, and Nano sizes to give you the convenience of 3 sizes all in 1 convenient card. Simply push out the large white card, the medium multi-colored card, or the small white card, and insert it into your phone.
Got a new SIM card?
Just make sure you have an active phone on which you are changing the SIM
- Log in to your Self Serve account.
- On the Overview page, click Self Serve and select Mobile services from the drop-down menu.
- Select Change your SIM card.
- Enter your new SIM number in the text box and click Continue.
- An SMS verification code will be sent to your current working Koodo SIM or to another line on your account.
- Enter the verification code in the SMS.
- Great! You can now insert your SIM card into your phone.
- It might take up to 15 minutes for your SIM to be activated.
Getting a SIM card error message?
If you see an error message, first double-check that your SIM card is correctly inserted. If it is correctly inserted but still not working, you might need to visit your nearest Koodo store or contact us for help.
Activating your Prepaid phone
If you have a Prepaid SIM you wish to activate, you’ll need to go to our Prepaid site to see how. Activate here.
Not getting any network service?
If you can’t send or receive calls or text messages, check out our tips.