Working abroad, going on a long adventure, or flying south for the winter? Our Seasonal Hold Plan could be perfect for you. For $15 per month (on top of your monthly Tab charge), for up to twelve months, you can put a hold on your service but keep your account and phone number ready for you when you come home.
How does the Seasonal Hold plan work?
Once activated, the Seasonal Hold Plan will pause your service. This means you won't have access to calls, texts, or data. Your phone will still be able to connect to Wi-Fi networks and make 911 calls but won’t be able to use your regular Koodo services.
When you begin a Seasonal Hold Plan, you'll no longer pay for your regular rate plan, as it will be removed from your account, and instead you'll be charged $15 per month. If you have a Tab, you'll continue to pay the Tab charge monthly to reduce the Tab balance. If you have a Tab Bonus, it will also continue going down automatically each month. When you return, you can choose from the available in-market rate plans.
Note: Your current rate plan might not be available upon your return.
Do I need the Seasonal Hold plan?
The Seasonal Hold Plan is a great way to keep your phone number, if you'll be leaving Canada for more than one month and for fewer than twelve months.
1. I'll be out of Canada for less than 1 month
- You won't need a Seasonal Hold Plan, as you’re away for less than one month. Take a look at Easy Roam to see some great ways to use your services while you’re away
- If you do not want to use your phone while you’re away, turn off mobile data and do not make any calls or texts (you will still be able to connect to Wi-Fi networks)
2. I will be out of Canada for more than 1 month
- You can use the Seasonal Hold Plan. Your service will be paused, and your account and phone number will be waiting for you when you get home. After 6 months, you will need to get in touch with us to re-activate your services in order to keep your phone number.
3. I will be out of Canada for more than 12 months
- You will not be eligible for a Seasonal Hold Plan, as it can only be used for a maximum of 12 months
Setting up a Seasonal Hold plan and resuming services when you return
To set up the Seasonal Hold Plan, you will need to go to koodo.com/chat and enter "seasonal hold" to schedule a callback, and one of our reps can talk you through the process. Your account must be in good standing and have been active for more than 90 days to be eligible for Seasonal Hold.
Once you’ve returned home, you can easily remove your Seasonal Hold and get your service back up and running directly via Self Serve. On the "Mobile services" page, select Change my plan, then choose a plan.
When you're setting up our Seasonal Hold plan, our representative will be able to talk you through your options, all the way from setting up a seasonal hold to restoring your services.
Good to know
- Seasonal Hold can be activated once in a 12-month period. For example: If you change to Seasonal Hold on January 1, 2022, you can use it until June 30, 2022 and won't be able to switch back to Seasonal Hold until January 1, 2023.
- If you’re out of the country and want to put your phone on Seasonal Hold, please schedule a call back using Koodo Assist.
- A seasonal hold won’t be automatically applied to all phones on an account. The charge is $15 per subscriber.
My services are on seasonal hold, so why is my phone being disconnected and sent to the collection agency?
On a seasonal hold, you'll still need to pay the full amount that you’re charged for the service, just like you would for a regular rate plan. If you’ve missed payments and you’ve reached the limit of months you can go without paying, we’ll have to cancel your account and send you to collections.
*A discontinued plan is a plan that Koodo no longer offers; therefore, we cannot reinstate it. We are unable to guarantee which plans may or may not be discontinued, but, if your plan is discontinued when you come back from a Seasonal Hold, we will guide you through all of the available rate plans and get you set up with a new one. Unfortunately, we are unable to know whether a plan is due to expire at the time you call to set up your seasonal hold. Koodo reserves the right to withdraw/expire plans at any time.