What is Koodo Action?
Koodo Action with Google Home & Google Assistant allows you to easily check your account balance, check your data usage, get travel-ready, and add data to your account, all by using simple voice commands with Google devices.
There are loads of handy things that you can do with Koodo Action. Here are some helpful features:
|Check your mobile data usage||Check your total bill||Check to see if you already have Easy Roam on your account|
|Purchase more data (Only available on Google Assistant, not home devices)||Find out when your bill is due and get you details on your bill||Add International and US Easy roam to your account (Only available on Google Assistant, not home devices)|
It’s easy to link Koodo Action to your Koodo account. Once set-up, the Koodo action will work across Google Assistant and all Google Devices associated with your Gmail account.
- Open your Google Assistant or Google Home App & go to “Explore section”
- Search for “Koodo” in the Explore section
- Select the Koodo Action
- Once in the Koodo Action, click “Link”
- Use your Koodo Self-Serve Credentials to link the Action
- Accept the permissions for the Action to connect with your Koodo account
- Your account is now linked! Try it on Assistant by saying “Talk to Koodo”
- If you have a Google Home, try it by saying “Hey Google, Open Koodo"
Configuring Koodo Action
It’s simple to configure Koodo Action on a Google Home or via Google Assistant, here’s how:
- Go to your Google Assistant say “Talk to Koodo” or Google Device and say, “Hey Google, Open Koodo”
- If you are using a Google Home
- The first time you use Koodo Action, you will be asked to create your “Voice PIN” (The Voice PIN is a 4 digit pin that is used to make any account change. For example, to add data to your account you will need this Voice PIN. For security reasons make sure to keep the Voice PIN safe from your friends and family!)
- Once the Voice PIN has been configured, the Koodo Action is ready to use on Google Home!
The difference between Koodo on Google Home & Google Assistant
|Google Home||Google Assistant|
|Features||Check Your Bill, Check your data usage, Check if you have a roaming pass||All Google Home features + ability to make purchases|
|Make Purchases||Not Available||Ability to Purchase Data and Roaming passes.
- You will be required to put a Credit Card on Google Payments – this card WILL NOT be charged, all purchases will be added to your monthly bill.
- To make a purchase you will be required to use your Google Payments Password
|Using the Action||To start, say:
“Hey Google, Open Koodo”
“Ok Google, Open Koodo”
|To start, open the Google Assistant App and say:
“Talk to Koodo”
Using Koodo Action
How do I start Koodo Action?
- To start Koodo Action on Google Assistant, just say: “Talk to Koodo”
- To start Koodo Action on Google Home, just say: “Hey Google, Ask Koodo” or “Hey Google, Open Koodo
How do I use the Action? There are plenty of ways to use Koodo Action with Google, here are some common tasks you can try out:
- For billing say: "What’s my bill" or say, "When is my bill due"
- For Data say: " What's my data usage?" or say, " Add more data"
- For Travel say: "Tell me about about Easy Roam" or say, "I am traveling to Spain, what are my options?"
- To find out current deals say: "What are the current deals“
- For Help: Say, "HELP" at any time, or if you have a specific question say: “Help with data” or “Help with billing” and so on
How do I check if my Google device is working?
How do I check if my Google device is connected to internet?
What is the difference between the Google Payments Password and my Voice PIN?
When you want to make a purchase over the Google Assistant, your Google Payments Password (or Touch ID) will be used to provide consent to the purchase. Please note that any purchases that are made in the Koodo Action will go directly to your Koodo Bill, not to your credit card on file with Google.
How can I change my PIN?
1. Start by saying, “Hey Google, open Koodo”
2. Once you’re in Koodo say, “Change my PIN”
3. If you know your current Voice PIN you can now provide that and you will be prompted to create a new one
4. If you don’t know your current Voice PIN, request a reset PIN. You can do this by saying, “Reset my PIN”
5. Go to the email associated with your Koodo MyAccount Login. Here you’ll find a temporary PIN which is valid for 30 minutes
6. Use your temporary PIN within 30 minutes to complete steps 1-3 (with your temporary PIN acting as your current PIN in Step 3)