A credit check is required for all new customers. Tab eligibility and activation are subject to credit approval. To complete a credit check at a Koodo store or retail partner, you’ll need to provide your name, date of birth, and one of the following:
- Canadian Driver’s License, or
- Canadian SIN card or Letter, or
- Canadian Credit Card
Plus, any one of the following pieces of photo identification:
- Valid Canadian Driver’s License (a driver’s license can’t be used for both photo ID and a credit check assessment)
- Valid Passport (Canadian or foreign)
- Work Visa
- Department of Defense ID
- Permanent Resident Card
- Native Indian Status Card
- CNIB Card
- Valid Provincial/Territorial Photo ID (government-issued)
- Possession and Acquisition License (PAL)
- A Canadian credit card is needed if you're buying online, as well as your SIN or Canadian Driver’s License.
- We don't require a credit check for Prepaid customers.
- Are you a Prepaid Koodo or Public Mobile customer who wants to move to Postpaid (monthly) Koodo services? Here’s how.
Will I receive a call from Koodo to finalize my credit check?
If we need to run a credit check on you to approve your order, we’ll attempt to reach out to you over 3 days via a phone call. If we don’t get an answer from you, we’ll then follow up with an email notifying you that we’ve attempted to reach you and will try again in the next 24 hours. You can also request a callback through Koodo Assist by typing #creditquiz.