A credit check is required for all new customers. Tab eligibility and activation are subject to credit approval. To complete a credit check at a Koodo store or retail partner, you’ll need to provide your name, date of birth, and one of the following:
- Canadian Driver’s License, or
- Canadian SIN card or Letter, or
- Canadian Credit Card
Plus, any one of the following pieces of photo identification:
- Valid Canadian Driver’s License (a driver’s license can’t be used for both photo ID and a credit check assessment)
- Valid Passport (Canadian or foreign)
- Work Visa
- Department of Defense ID
- Permanent Resident Card
- Native Indian Status Card
- CNIB Card
- Valid Provincial/Territorial Photo ID (government-issued)
- Possession and Acquisition License (PAL)
- A Canadian credit card is needed if you're buying online, as well as your SIN or Canadian Driver’s License.
- We don't require a credit check for Prepaid customers.
- Are you a Prepaid Koodo or Public Mobile customer who wants to move to Postpaid (monthly) Koodo services? Here’s how.