Inbound Call Display+ shows you the name of the people who call you (including non-Koodo customers), even if they’re not in your contacts. The caller’s information is displayed on the screen of your phone during an incoming call. You don’t need to subscribe for the service - it’s totally free to all Koodo customers with a compatible mobile phone. Prior to Call Display+ your phone would display the phone number, but not the name of the incoming caller.
Where is Inbound Call Display+ available?
- If you’ve got a compatible phone and the callers’ network sends out their name, your phone will be able to display both the caller’s number and name on all incoming calls including Call Waiting calls. If the callers’ network does not send out their name, your phone will only display the caller’s number.
- Inbound Call Display+ might not work under roaming.
Permanently disable Inbound Call Display+
You can permanently disable Inbound Call Display+ by contacting us. This means that the name and the number of the caller will not be shown on the screen of your phone for all incoming calls.
Outbound Calling Name Display
- Outbound Calling Name Display will allow you to display your number on the screen of the device of the person that you call. You don’t need to subscribe for the service - it’s totally free to all Koodo customers.
- Outbound Calling Name Display is an enhanced feature, which will allow you to display your name on the screen of the device of the person that you call.
Permanent Blocking of Outbound Calling Name Display
- Contact us to set up permanent blocking of Outbound Calling Name Display. Under this setting, both your name and your number will not be displayed on the screen of the device of the person that you call.
- Permanent Blocking of Outbound Calling Name Display is free and doesn’t affect incoming calls.
One-time blocking of Outbound Calling Name Display
You can activate one-time blocking of Outbound Calling Name Display by dialing #31# before the number of the person you’re calling, followed by pressing either the Send or Talk key. You can also set up the blocking on some phones via their menu. For example, on the iPhone, you can turn off ‘Show My Caller ID’ under the Phone menu.
Is it possible for outbound calls to show a name instead of a number? If yes, how can I change the way my name appears when I make outbound calls? (I have a recycled phone number)
Yes, your name will be displayed after we launch the Outbound Calling Name Display feature. This may be a chargeable feature. Your name will be extracted from your account information. It will be the name of the Account Holder and cannot be changed.
Are there any charges for using function # 31 #?
No, there are no changes. You can still use #31# to block Calling Name and Calling Number on per-call basis. Both Calling Name and Calling Number will be blocked at the same time.
Related help pages: