Koodo Action with Google Home & Google Assistant
What is Koodo Action?
Koodo Action with Google Home & Google Assistant allows you to easily; make calls, check your account balance, check your data usage, get travel-ready, and add data to your account, all by using simple voice commands with Google devices.
There are loads of handy things that you can do with Koodo Action. Here are some helpful features:
Check your mobile data usage
Purchase more data (Only available on Google Assistant, not home devices)
Check your total bill
Find out when your bill is due
Give you details on your bill
Check to see if you already have Easy Roam on your account
Add International and US Easy roam to your account (Only available on Google Assistant, not home devices)
Make voice calls to friends and family
Call any 10 digit phone number, or contacts that you save to your Koodo Action
Please note, you must save contacts to your Koodo Action. Contacts will not carry over from your phone. Your Koodo account will be used for any calls you make, and while the Google device will initiate the call, the conversation will take place over your mobile device.
It’s easy to link Koodo Action to your Koodo account. Once set-up, the Koodo action will work across Google Assistant and all Google Devices associated with your Gmail account.
- Open your Google Assistant or Google Home App & go to “Explore section”
- Search for “Koodo” in the Explore section
- Select the Koodo Action
- Once in the Koodo Action, click “Link”
- Use your Koodo Self-Serve Credentials to link the Action
- Accept the permissions for the Action to connect with your Koodo account
- Your account is now linked! Try it on Assistant by saying “Talk to Koodo”
- If you have a Google Home, try it by saying “Hey Google, Open Koodo"
Configuring Koodo Action
It’s simple to configure Koodo Action on a Google Home or via Google Assistant, here’s how:
- Go to your Google Assistant say “Talk to Koodo” or Google Device and say, “Hey Google, Open Koodo”
- If you are using a Google Home
- The first time you use Koodo Action, you will be asked to create your “Voice PIN” (The Voice PIN is a 4 digit pin that is used to make any account change. For example, to add data to your account you will need this Voice PIN. For security reasons make sure to keep the Voice PIN safe from your friends and family!)
- Once the Voice PIN has been configured, the Koodo Action is ready to use on Google Home!
The difference between Koodo on Google Home & Google Assistant
|Google Home||Google Assistant|
|Features||Send SMS, Make a Call, Check Your Bill, Check your data usage, Check if you have a roaming pass||All Google Home features + ability to make purchases|
|Make Purchases||Not Available||Ability to Purchase Data and Roaming passes
|Using the Action||To start, say:
“Hey Google, Open Koodo”
“Ok Google, Open Koodo”
|To start, open the Google Assistant App and say:
“Talk to Koodo”
Using Koodo Action
How do I start Koodo Action?
To start Koodo Action on Google Assistant, just say: “Talk to Koodo”
To start Koodo Action on Google Home, just say: “Hey Google, Ask Koodo” or “Hey Google, Open Koodo
How do I use the Action?
There are plenty of ways to use Koodo Action with Google, here are some common tasks you can try out:
- For billing say: "What’s my bill" or say, "When is my bill due"
- For Data say: " What's my data usage?" or say, " Add more data"
- For Travel say: "Tell me about about Easy Roam" or say, "I am traveling to Spain, what are my options?"
- To make Calls say: "Call mom" or say, "Call 416 123 1234"
- To find out current deals say: "What are the current deals“
- For Help: Say, "HELP" at any time, or if you have a specific question say: “Help with Call” or “Help with billing” and so on
How do I check if my Google device is working?
When you say, “Hey Google” to your Google device you should see the lights on the top appear to indicate it has heard you. If you don’t see the lights, check the power connection to make sure the device has a power supply and try again. Depending on the device you are using (Google Home vs. Google Mini), different colours and speeds of flashing lights mean different things. If you are having difficulties getting your device to work visit Google Home Help to troubleshoot your device and better understand what issue your device may be having.
How do I check if my Google device is connected to internet?
Google devices like your Google Home are programmed to give educated feedback. This means that if the device is not connected to wifi, it will tell you. You can also try asking Google a simple question like, “what is the weather?” It should tell you the weather in your location. If it doesn’t, then go to Google Home app and follow the steps to setup a Google device.
What is the difference between the Google Payments Password and my Voice PIN?
The Koodo Voice PIN is used to authenticate you as a user when you want to inquire about your account on Google Home (ie. What is my bill or how much data have I used).
When you want to make a purchase over the Google Assistant, your Google Payments Password (or Touch ID) will be used to provide consent to the purchase. Please note that any purchases that are made in the Koodo Action will go directly to your Koodo Bill, not to your credit card on file with Google.
How can I change my PIN?
If you need to reset your voice PIN for any reason you can take these steps:
- Start by saying, “Hey Google, open Koodo”
- Once you’re in Koodo say, “Change my PIN”
- If you know your current Voice PIN you can now provide that and you will be prompted to create a new one
- If you don’t know your current Voice PIN, request a reset PIN. You can do this by saying, “Reset my PIN”
- Go to the email associated with your Koodo MyAccount Login. Here you’ll find a temporary PIN which is valid for 30 minutes
- Use your temporary PIN within 30 minutes to complete steps 1-3 (with your temporary PIN acting as your current PIN in Step 3)
How do I check if my Koodo account is linked to my Google device?
- Say “Hey Google, Open Koodo”
|Your account is NOT linked if you hear this message:||“Welcome to Koodo. I can help you with current deals, contact Koodo and Help. To get the full experience, please link your Koodo account on Google Home App”|
|Your account IS linked if you hear this message:||"Welcome to Koodo. I can help you with billing, data, travel, current deals, call or message your friends. What would you like to do?”|
How can I check that a data package or roaming pass has been added to my account?
Koodo Action confirms the transaction on the Google device and sends you a confirmation message. If for whatever reason, you don’t get a confirmation message you can go to self-serve portal to check the status of your account. There you will be able to see if the data package or the roaming passes has been added to your account.
Is the Koodo Action available in French?
The Koodo Action is available in the French language. Please note, to use the Action in French both your mobile device and your Google Home/Assistant preference must be set to French.