If you aren’t happy with the Koodo phone you bought online, you’ll have 30 days to either exchange it or get a full refund. A refundable SIM card fee ($5) and a non-refundable shipping fee ($10) may have been charged at the time of purchase for online orders.
Heads up! There's no exchange process online, which means that, if you're not satisfied with the phone you received, you must return it and buy another phone. Please note that a shipping fee will be applied to the new phone.
The Tab charge will be removed and the amount you had paid for your phone upfront will be given back to you. Any other charges will be the responsibility of the customer.
For clarity, if you return the Koodo phone within the return policy window, you will not be charged any Tab and/or Tab Bonus balance for that phone and both will be removed from your account.
Just so you know: Koodo Shops and retail partners have a 15-day return policy – find your nearest store for more info.
The phone must be returned in like-new condition with all included accessories and proof of purchase.
If your usage stays within the limits below, we’ll waive your first bill. If your usage exceeds any one of these limits, you can still return or exchange your phone but you’ll be responsible for your bill.
- 30 minutes of talk time (local and/or long distance)
- 50 text messages (incoming and outgoing)
- 50 MB data
Return your phone in its original condition to the place you bought it from, including all original packaging, parts, and a copy of your receipt. Accessories aren't eligible for returns or exchanges unless they're defective.
- In-store Koodo purchases must be returned to any Koodo store.
- Retail partner purchases (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc) must be returned to the location where you bought it. Return policies vary for retail partners.
- Online purchases must be returned via mail and can be initiated by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a Prepaid customer? Return or exchange your phone on Koodo prepaid.
1. If I haven't received my online order in 30 days, how can I return it? Is it 30 days from the order date or 30 days from when it's delivered? Are these calendar days or business days?
If you haven't received your device in 30 calendar days, it’s most likely that the phone has gotten lost in transit. You can request to start an investigation process for up to 90 calendar days starting from when the tracking number was generated.
You can request a return within 30 calendar days, starting from the day that it was delivered to the address. If it hasn’t been delivered yet, you can refuse the package and it’ll be sent back to the sender.
2. How can I find out when you’ll process the return for my already-delivered, unused phone or the length of time it takes for this process?
When you return a device to the post office, a unique tracking number will be given to you, so you can check the progress of the package and see when it arrives at our warehouse. Please make sure you keep the tracking number safe, because Koodo doesn’t have access to it.
This process can take up to 4 weeks. The phone will be received in the warehouse, and our staff there will check the device. Once the check is completed, adjustments to your account will be made accordingly.
3. Will I have to pay for shipping when I return my phone?
No, you won’t have to pay for shipping for a return. We’ll provide you with a barcode that will pay for the shipping and handling on the way back to our warehouse.
4. How do I return my phone? Will you send me an envelope or box?
You’ll receive an email reply that includes the instructions for returning the phone and a barcode that will work as a pre-paid label. The post office will scan the barcode and will send the device back to our warehouse. This cost is already covered by Koodo, and you won’t have to pay anything to complete this return. We don’t send any new envelopes or boxes for returns, so you must return the phone in its original packaging.
Related help pages: