Sometimes your phone isn’t able to connect to the internet. Annoying, right? These tips below can help you solve the problem.
Your phone connects to the internet in two different ways: network data (4G LTE) and Wi-Fi. Before you head to a Koodo store or call us for help, here are some possible quick fixes if your phone’s data or Wi-Fi is not working.
Need extra help? See our interactive tutorials for easy-to-follow visuals.
Network data troubleshooting
Data lets you access the internet with your phone anywhere on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.
Can’t connect to Koodo’s data network? Try these tips:
- Check if you’ve reached your monthly data limit: Log into your Self Serve account to see if your data usage for the month is at 100%. With Koodo’s Shock Free® Data feature, we pause your data when you reach your limit. You can either wait until next month’s billing cycle or add more data to your account on Self Serve.
- Remove the SIM card: This one is easy. Turn your phone off before removing and reinserting the SIM card. Search SIM card in your phone’s interactive tutorials for step-by-step help.
- Turn on your cellular data: Search Accessing Mobile Network Settings in your phone’s interactive tutorials for step-by-step help.
- Reset your network settings: Resetting your network settings just clears your cellular and Wi-Fi network settings, including saved networks, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN and APN settings. Don’t worry, your personal data will be safe. Search Network in your phone’s interactive tutorials for step-by-step help.
- Make sure your APN is correct: For BlackBerry® OS 7 and lower (Bold and Curve), make sure your APN is bb.koodo.com. For phones with a SIM card (including BlackBerry 10 devices), make you’re your APN is sp.koodo.com. Resetting your network settings will set your APN to its original values.
Don’t want to use your phone’s data? You can always use Wi-Fi to connect to the internet.
If you’re having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi, try these tips:
- Restart your phone: Believe it or not, this simple step could do the trick! Search Restart in your phone’s interactive tutorials for step-by-step help.
- Update your phone’s software: If new software update is available, this can sometimes help fix Wi-Fi challenges. Search Update in your phone’s interactive tutorials for step-by-step help. FYI: Just to be safe, back up all your photos, videos and data before updating your software. Sometimes updating errors can lead to losing personal data. Search Back up in your phone’s interactive tutorials for step-by-step help.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi is enabled: Search Connecting to Wi-Fi in your phone’s interactive tutorials for step-by-step help.
Configuring your tablet
If you have brought your own tablet to Koodo with one of our bring your own tablet plans you can follow the above steps if you're having trouble connecting. If you have an iPad that you wish to set up with one of our bring your own tablet plans, you will need to manually configure its APN settings to connect to the internet. Here's how:
- Insert a Koodo SIM card into an unlocked iPad, or Koodo/Telus iPad
- Tap Settings
- Tap Cellular Data
- Tap Cellular Data Options
- Tap APN Settings
- Change APN to sp.koodo.com