Did you know that if you’re an existing Koodo customer you can bring your own tablet and add it as a new line to your account? It’s super easy to set up!
How does it work?
Bringing your own tablet to Koodo is simple, just follow these steps:
- To get started, existing customers will need to go to a Koodo Store, authorized dealer or retail location. Want to find a store near you? Check out our Store Locator
- Get a SIM card and pick a tablet plan, they come in all shapes and sizes
- Insert the activated SIM into your tablet and you’re good to go!
Just so you know, right now our bring your own tablet plan is currently only available in-store, but it will be available online soon!
There are a few things that we’d like to let you know about with our bring your own tablet plans:
- Bring your own tablet is only available for existing Koodo customers
- A $45 connection fee applies when purchased in store (this includes a SIM card)
- Customers using iPads will need to manually configure their APN settings – for information on how to do this check out our connecting to the internet troubleshooting page
Can new customers activate a tablet with Koodo?
No. At this time, only existing Postpaid (monthly) Koodo customers are able to add a tablet to their account.
Can existing customers add more than 1 tablet to their account?
Yes. Existing customers can add multiple tablets to their account.
What plans are eligible for a tablet?
A tablet plan may only be used with a tablet device, and requires that you maintain a Koodo mobile phone plan. If these conditions are not met, Koodo may terminate your tablet plan in accordance with the Service Terms.
Will customers receive Shock-Free data notifications?
Customers using SMS enabled Android devices will receive Shock-Free data SMS alerts (at 50%, 90% and 100%) and their data will get paused once they reach their limit. Customers using Apple or non-SMS enabled devices will not receive Shock-Free data SMS alerts, but their data will get paused once they reach their limit. For both Android and Apple users, if a customer has set up other alert methods (i.e. other phones or emails), they’ll still receive them.
Somebody on the account with authority will be able to unpause data by adding a one-time data top-up from their tablet or via Self Serve. A customer without authority will need to contact somebody on the account with authority to unpause data via Self Serve.
Are tablets eligible for Refer-a-Friend?
No, tablets are not eligible for the Refer-a-Friend program.
How can customers check their usage?
Customers can check usage on Self Serve .