Koodo Prepaid. A happier way to talk, text, and use data.
Koodo Prepaid has you covered. With no credit checks and no fixed-term contracts, it's just affordable and reliable national wireless service. Prepare your happy dance.
Get $20 in activation credits
Save 10% with automatic top-ups
For hassle-free top-ups, register for automatic 30-day top-ups by logging into your Self Serve account. The 10% savings on your monthly base plan will be credited back to your account each time your base plan renews for another 30 days, and every 30 days after that, as long as you keep automatic top-ups on your account.Register for automatic top-ups
A base plan is what keeps your account active. The base plan you choose will automatically renew every 30 days.1
|$15||Unlimited International Text & Picture Messaging 2|
|$25||Unlimited International Text & Picture Messaging 2 , 250 MB data 4|
|$35||Unlimited International Text & Picture Messaging 2 , Unlimited Province-wide Calling 3|
|$45||Unlimited International Text & Picture Messaging 2 , Unlimited Province-wide Calling 3 , 1 GB data 4|
|$55||Unlimited International Text & Picture Messaging 2 , Unlimited Canada-wide Calling 3 , 2 GB data 4|
|$60||Unlimited International Text & Picture Messaging 2 , Unlimited Canada-wide Calling 3 , 4 GB data 4|
|$65||Unlimited International Text & Picture Messaging 2 , Unlimited Canada-wide Calling 3 , 6 GB data 4|
|$75||Unlimited International Text & Picture Messaging 2 , Unlimited Canada-wide Calling 3 , 8 GB data 4|
|Fee per 30 days||
|Unlimited International Text & Picture Messaging2|
|Unlimited Province-wide Calling3|
|Unlimited Canada-wide Calling|
|Data4||250 MB||1 GB||2 GB||4 GB||6 GB||8 GB|
Booster add-ons don't expire.7
Have friends or family all over Canada? If you need long distance minutes, anytime/daytime minutes or data, grab a Talk or Data Booster add-on to complement your base plan.
Planning to use your phone in the U.S.? Then our U.S. Roaming Booster add-ons are best for you!
Any unused minutes, text or data will be carried over when you renew your base plan. So it's best to pick the biggest Booster add-ons to enjoy our best per-minute or per-megabyte rate.
|Canada-Wide Data Booster add-ons7|
|$30||1 GB of data|
|$20||500 MB of data|
|$10||100 MB of data|
|Canada-Wide Talk Booster add-ons7|
|$30||600 anytime min.|
|$20||250 anytime min.|
|$10||100 anytime min.|
|Long Distance Talk Booster add-ons7|
|$30||300 long distance min.|
|$20||100 long distance min.|
|$10||25 long distance min.|
If you need to call another province within Canada you’ll have to purchase a Canada-wide Talk Booster add-on.
If you need to make an international call (including the U.S.) you’ll have to purchase a Long Distance Talk Booster add-on. Long Distance Talk Booster add-ons can be used to make calls to 50 international destinations.
Note: Base plans that do not include minutes require a Talk Booster to receive domestic or international incoming calls.
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
|U.S. Roaming Data Booster add-ons7|
|U.S. Roaming Talk Booster add-ons7|
|U.S. Roaming Text Booster add-ons8|
Text Booster add-ons include international outgoing and unlimited incoming text messages.8
How to get started
Grab Booster add-ons whenever you need Canada-wide or U.S. Roaming minutes, text or data. Booster add-ons don't expire.7 Any unused minutes, texts, or data will be carried over when you renew your base plan.7
To add Booster add-ons to your prepaid account, you'll need to log into your Self Serve account.Buy a Booster Add-on
Top-ups add credits to your account so you can pay for your base plan every 30 days and buy Booster add-ons. There are two ways you can pay for your top-ups: credit or Visa Debit card or top-up vouchers, which are available at a Koodo Shop or Retail Partner.
To top up your prepaid account, you need to log into your Self Serve account, or you can dial *611 from your Koodo phone.Top up your account now
Looking for prepaid vouchers?Find a store
Using your phone in-province
For more information on Province-wide calling, check out our FAQs.
Using your phone in Canada
If you want to make or receive calls, check if your base plan includes unlimited Province-wide calling. If it doesn't, or if you want to make a Canada-wide call, you'll need a Canada-wide Talk Booster add-on.
You can use your Koodo Prepaid phone anywhere across Canada or the U.S., but it won't work if you travel outside of those countries.
If you need to make an international call (including the U.S.) you'll have to purchase a Long Distance Talk Booster add-on. With the Long Distance Talk Booster add-on you can make calls to 50 select countries. For more information on international calling click here.
Travelling to the U.S.
You can stay connected while travelling in the U.S. by adding U.S. Roaming Talk, U.S. Roaming Text, or U.S. Roaming Data Booster add-ons to your base plan. U.S. Roaming Talk Booster add-ons include calls within the U.S. and to Canada. U.S. Roaming Text Booster add-ons include international outgoing and unlimited incoming text messages.8 You will need a U.S. Roaming Data Booster Add-on to send or receive picture and video messages.
Check your prepaid usage balance
There are two ways to check your prepaid usage balance:
Log in to Self Serve
- Log in to your Koodo Prepaid Self Serve account.
- Select the Phone Services tab.
- You should see your usage balance now.
- Enter your PIN when prompted.
- You'll hear your base plan expiry date.
- Press 3 to hear your base plan and Booster add-on usage summary.
- Press 4 to hear your account balance.
Contact customer service or call *611 from your Koodo phone.
How to make a CCTS complaint
The CRTC has created a Wireless Code that applies to all wireless service providers in Canada. The Wireless Code Checklist helps you understand what your rights are under the Wireless Code. If you have a complaint and are unable to reach a satisfactory resolution with Koodo, the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS) may be able to assist you at ccts-cprst.ca or 1-888-221-1687.
Will my account balance expire?
If you're without a base plan for 90 days, your account will be deactivated and you'll lose your phone number and any balance remaining on your account balance, including your Boosters add-ons. Your 30-day base plans expire and are set to automatically renew every 30 days. Base plans can only be renewed when there's a sufficient balance on the account.
- Account must have enough service credits to cover the cost of the plan.
- Includes international text messages sent and received anywhere in Canada. Availability of service will vary by country and is subject to change without notice. Excludes premium messages and subscription-based messages. Picture messaging includes international picture messages sent and received within Canada. Picture messaging is not supported by BlackBerry smartphones that are not on the BlackBerry 10 operating system.
- Includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A Canada-wide Talk Booster Add-on is required to make or receive calls while you are outside your home province.
- Included data does not roll over at the end of 30 days. Data usage is rounded up each session to the nearest 10KB. Data service on BlackBerry smartphones requires the BlackBerry 10 operating system. U.S. Roaming data Booster Add-on required to use data outside of Canada.
- The $15 and $25 base plans requires a Talk Booster add-on and sufficient anytime minutes in your account to use voice features.
- Voicemail and Call Forwarding use airtime. To retrieve Voicemail or use Call Forwarding on your Koodo phone, you must have sufficient anytime minutes in your account. Anytime minutes are charged by the minute and the airtime required to connect your calls is drawn from the included minutes.
- Canada-wide and U.S. Roaming Booster add-ons don't expire if account is active. Booster add-ons are available for use only when there is a non-expired base plan on the account. Booster add-ons will be removed from the account upon account deactivation. Anytime minutes are charged by the minute and the airtime required to connect your calls is drawn from the included minutes.
- You will require a U.S. Roaming Data Booster Add-on to send or receive picture and video messages.
- Only one free 100-minute Canada-wide Talk Booster add-on per customer.
- After each base plan renewal or base plan change the $5 credit will be applied to your account within 48 hours. Not redeemable for cash. Can be used towards the purchase of a base plan or Booster® add-on.