My battery is draining fast
Over time, your phone’s battery will start to drain quickly. Here are a few tips to save some battery life.
Before heading over to a Koodo store or calling us for help, try these simple fixes if your battery is draining too quickly. Need extra help? See our interactive tutorials for easy-to-follow visuals.
- Restart your phone: Believe it or not, this simple step could do the trick. Search Restart in your phone’s interactive tutorials for step-by-step help.
- Close your background applications: Apps can still run in the background even when you’re not using them. To save your battery life, close them. Search Managing Open Apps in your phone’s interactive tutorials for step-by-step help.
- Adjust your screen’s brightness: The brightness of your screen really can affect your phone’s battery life. Make sure Auto or Adaptive Brightness is enabled on your phone.
- Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: When your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on, your phone can be constantly searching for a connection, which leads to battery drain. Search Connecting to Wi-Fi and Pairing with a Bluetooth® Device in your phone’s interactive tutorials to find these features.
- Manage your battery usage: Most phones will give you an idea about how your battery power is being used and sometimes may even give you tips on extending your battery life. Search Managing the Battery in your phone’s interactive tutorials to find this feature.